Assisted Living offers another option in the continuum of long term care. If you or your loved one only need help with a small number of tasks or a reminder to take medications, then assisted living may be an option. Tasks are also known as activities of daily living. They include being able to cook for oneself, do your own laundry, take your own bath, remember to take your correct medications on time, etc.
Assisted Living apartments allow people to live independently within an assisted living complex. Good Shepherd, Inc. has two assisted living facilities: Kentucky Ridge and Cornerstone. Kentucky Ridge is located on the SE side of Mason City, 2060 S. Kentucky Ave. and Cornerstone is located on the corner attached to Good Shepherd Health Center, 300 - 2nd Street NE.
If you are considering an Assisted Living apartment, you should visit Kentucky Ridge or Cornerstone because we have...
- Handicapped-accessible one and two bedroom apartments
- Safe and secure buildings
- Rent includes all utilities
- Staff to assist with activities of daily living needs
- On-site staff 24 hours daily
- Licensed registered nurse on-site, on-call 24 hours a day
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Three nutritious meals with choices daily
- Garages for cars at Kentucky Ridge
- A busy activities program
- Chaplain services